View Single Post
Old 01-02-2015, 03:16 PM

Location: Somewhere in the Finger Lakes Region of Central NY State
10 yr Member

Location: Somewhere in the Finger Lakes Region of Central NY State
10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electron View Post
It is possible that your condition is just getting worse and that is why something doesn't work as well as it used to. I have been taking gabapentin for about 10 years and haven't developed a tolerance to that either.

FYI--I have been taking biotin, 5 mg per day, for a couple of months now and it appears to have reduced my pain, so you might try that. Biotin has shown in studies to reduce pain in patients with kidney-failure-induced neuropathy.

Also alpha-lipoic acid (Jarrow sustain with biotin, 600 mg per day) and evening primrose oil (TwinLab Mega primrose oil, 2600 mg per day) reduce my pain.
Ron
When gabapentin stopped working (meaning I had to up my dose for the forefoot pain), it would be like someone flipped a switch. Over the course of a couple days (seriously) the relief would leave. The capsacain pepper cream went south over a couple of months. I bought some more that was 25% stronger & the pain didn't improve at all.

I already take 1200mg of Pligrim's Pride ALA. My wife just got some biotin (for other reason), so may give it a try. Thanks
groucho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote