View Single Post
Old 01-02-2015, 03:50 PM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
Well, if your friend has been on them so long... years...it may be too late to recover functions lost.

This is why.... the new research shows that statins kill cells.
Well, kill enough cells in the brain, and they may never be replaced to return the patient to usefullness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19uxXqWF8h4

You can also Google Dr. Stephanie Seneff who is at MIT and doing research on what cholesterol chemistry is really about.
She has a website and many videos. She has stated that cholesterol is essential for proper brain functioning, according to her findings.

This is information the drug industry does not tell doctors.

Mrs. D,
Because of discussions regarding the statins, as well as Lisinopril; I asked my doctor about my staying off these meds for a while. I did go off both of them. (I had been on both for about 4 or 5 years.)

My blood pressure went up significantly, as well as my cholesterol. I had fasting tests for the cholesterol. I really don't seem to recall any difference in memory, pain, etc.;( although both seem pretty bad) or any improvement with being off the Simvastatin.

The doctor recommended that I take lower the doses; but he left final decision up to me. I went from 15mg's Lisinopril to 5 mg's and Simvastation from 20mg's to 10 mg's. I had fasting lab work done two weeks ago. My cholesterol has improved and is about the same as when I took the 20mgs.

As for the Lisinopril; went from 15mg's to 5mg's. My blood pressure has improved and is good.

Soooo with lesser doses; the results were the same as the higher doses on both meds. Not sure, as you mentioned regarding cells, that the years being on a Statins has already done their damage.

Gerry

Last edited by ger715; 01-02-2015 at 08:14 PM.
ger715 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote