View Single Post
Old 01-02-2015, 05:25 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

mrsD,

Thank you for your reply. This might be an ear-nose-throat issue, since I have been sick for weeks already. I haven't went to the ENT doctor yet, but my GP gave me a referral to one, so I'll go this week.

Sadly, though, I think it is related to my Post-Concussion Syndrome. It has begun after my mTBI on 27 October 2014 and I have this problem with pillows since.

I notice that NSAIDs like Advil help a lot almost all the time, but I just can't allow myself to take them daily.

Bud,

Thank you, I'll try this tonight!

_Ash_,

If I sleep with my left side of the head on a pillow, I'll wake up and get terrible pain at the left side of the head when I lift my head from the pillow.

If I sleep on the right side, it'll happen on the right side. Same with on the back of the head. It just hurts on the side I slept even if it's not the area of the injury (I ran into a concrete wall at a speed of about 3m/s late October 2014 and got injured in the right side of my head, but my head hurts also on the left side if I'm sleeping on it long enough).

The sensations are usually a lot of pressure - imagine a very heavy weight, tens of kilograms, placed on your head. This is about what it feels like.

And yes, like you said, moving my head on the pillow is hell. It makes the pain much worse and messes me up. I now have to carefully consider everything I do to prevent from pain to happen. Also, if the pain returns, it is usually accompanied by most of the PCS symptoms - together with the pain, I sometimes get blurry vision, confusion, derealization and just a bad feeling.
ProAgonist is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mrsD (01-02-2015)