View Single Post
Old 01-02-2015, 05:40 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
MoparDakota,

Yea, if this is an infection, the timing of this is not good :/
If it is a fistula it may fill up again but do not pop it with your finger and you could introduce bacteria into it. Use a wet q tip to gently break it if you can but do not be overly aggressive with that as you could cause further irritation.

If it is a mucocele, then it may or may not fill up again. But this would not contain puss, it would contain a watery clear liquid. Again break it with a moist q tip not your finger.

I cannot tell you if this will become a problem before the 12th of Jan or not as I don't know if it is a mucocele or a fistula.

In either case, I would suggest that you take some precaution rinse with warm salt water 3-4 times a day for several days. Use about 1/4 tsp of salt in 3 oz of warm water. Rinse aggressively up in that area to keep it very clean. The salt may hold things at bay for a short time if it is an infection.

I hope this information is helpful.
Hopefully the dental issue is uneventful and you are able to enjoy your visit with your wife!

Bryanna

Bryanna,
Well, I think I'm sure of what it is now... Had a bit of a fever today aswell a puffy feeling face and swollen tonsils. And just feeling absolutely crap on top of this my Crohns (what I believe it to be) is acting up aswell.... Trying to enjoy the last week best I can I leave for the states next Saturday. Thank you very much for your assistance bryanna very helpful to have you round on this site!!!
MoparDakota is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote