View Single Post
Old 01-02-2015, 07:30 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

I've found naproxin, a NSAID, very helpful.May be worth chatting to your Dr/parents about. Not sure how it would mix with the other drugs your on.

That does sound similar to me except that my pain starts on sharply contact and continues throughout the night. In the early days even a light touch of the hand or hair grip was too much (why I couldnt take the noise cancelling headphones advice.) I resorted to buying new pilows all cheap and fluffy.

I'd have two laying next to one another as you normally would, then placing a third over the centre. I would lay on the central pillow and pull the outer corners of the bottom two down and around my head. This provided all round cushioning, spreading my weight evenly and supporting a slightly elevated position. It helped a bit. I also had to make myself stop turning over in the night or waiting to the last moment to get out of bed and starting the day with all systmes go. Slow wakening, and easing my head into an upright position so that the brain is joslted less and your proprioception receptors are given time to adjust in increments- lessening the vertigo.

And yeah that sounds a bit like a pillow fort, but hey.

Personally (not a dr) I think it is due to brain swelling limiting the buoyancy/cushioning effects of CSF plus a level positioning effecting blood flow/intercranial pressure. Though, in my case, I was also concerned about fractures.

Its only been a short while for you, you're still in that 3 month window when many people do notice a significant improvement. Its been 5 months for me and I've noticed a definate gradual improvement in this over that time. Of late I've even been turning over in my sleep almost like I normally would, then waking because I'm reminding myself not to do that...to realise that actual the pain, though a bit stabby, is a lot less than what it was. (Before naproxin)

Do you think this is related to some of your earlier posts where you were concerned with dancing/shaking/gently bumping your head? This pain is similar to that of a migraine, so rather than further concussions you are triggering a similar pain to that which you feel when laying down.
_Ash_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote