View Single Post
Old 01-02-2015, 10:27 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

I've been kind of lurking again. I spend 3 weeks over at DD's house helping out with the baby and her. They are both getting in to a better schedule and I came home the other day. He's 4 weeks old today and is growing so fast.

The weather here is just crazy!!!! It is so cold. Well, cold for me. We've been having hard freezes and it snowed and it has been in the 40s during the day. AND, I got home Monday and my heat is working properly. It is pumping heat out but the heat part shuts off and the fan continues to run blowing cold air until the heat kicks back on. It's running almost constantly. They were supposed to send someone out to look at it but no one showed up. Then it was New Year's Eve and New Year's day. I went in to the office today and talked to them about it. I have heat so I can't complain it's just the cold blowing out when the heat clicks off. And, one of my neighbors doesn't have heat at all. The complex manager said that the heating and cooling people in town are extremely busy and overwhelmed. Hopefully by Monday someone will be out to work on it.

I just finished reading A Lesson Before Dying. I was crying by the end of the book. I guess they made it into a movie in the late 1990s. I couldn't find it on Netflix or any other movie streaming channel, including Amazon. Googled it and found it on YouTube. I started watching it and am about 1/2 done. Who ever put it on YouTube did it in parts (ie. part 1 which is 20 minutes, part 2 which is another 20 minutes, etc.) and it's harder to watch because the flow of the storyline gets broken up. It seems to be following the book fairly well but some parts are definitely missing and some parts I'm glad were missing because they didn't seem to really be necessary in the book either.

I hope you all have a good night.
tkrik is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
barb02 (01-06-2015), Debbie D (01-04-2015), Erika (01-03-2015), LoveCats (01-03-2015), SallyC (01-03-2015)