Thread: Sanctions
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2015, 11:50 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Vowel Lady,

I do not recall abandoning anything that I have stated to you here. With each alteration or new detail you have offered to your dental story over the last several months, I have tried to address each of them as you offered them. I believe I have said, I felt there was more to the story than you had originally posted here.

I feel I need to remind you that I tend to a lot of people on this forum in a short amount of time. I also have people emailing me privately and I have my own patients to tend to at work. So to keep things clear, it is always best for the person posting to tell the whole story the first time rather than not.

I am not surprised at the lack of information you have been given by your dentists, holistic dentist, oral surgeon, etc. Dentists in general are very careful what they disclose to their patients especially if they cannot prove their suspicions or they feel the patient is a bit hostile. There biggest fear is a lawsuit and they know all the tricks to avoid that from happening.

It is typical, and perhaps someone will chime in here who has experienced it, for the tooth to be drilled on for an hour when preparing it for a crown. Is that healthy for the tooth, no, but it's done all the time. Is it typical to take an hour to drill off a crown, yes it is as the burs are not meant to cut through the thickness of a crown very easily and if the crown is well cemented on, it is even more difficult to remove it. Does it happen every time, no it does not.

Have you ever posted an xray of tooth #30 and 31 here? I'm sorry I just don't recall if you have. Are you curious about the pin or post that was placed in that tooth? If so, could you re-post the xrays please?

I agree with you that people should consult with a neurologist if that is warranted. Otherwise, I think it is most important to rule out fractured teeth, infection and non vitality first.

BTW... I am confident in the knowledge that I have and I'm not the least bit offended by anyone who has a different opinion. I understand that many people have been ill informed about their dentistry and that is the knowledge they have to base their opinion on. I think knowledge is powerful and that is why I continue to come here and offer it. Some will be open to it, while others won't be.

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vowel Lady View Post
Bryanna, Why did you abandon your original idea that I developed nerve problems with tooth numberm31 due to the rc tooth next to it? Was it because tooth 31 probably had a crack in it? It is curious that no dentist mentioned the possibility of infection in this tooth, including the holistic dentist or the oral surgeon/MD.

Point number 7 is one of my main contentions. I think that under any and all situations, even a perfect tooth, they likely would have caused nerve damage. Repeated drilling and tapping for over a month, plus just the one hour of constant drilling to remove the crown, I think was enough to hurt the nerve even in a PER fECT tooth. Then there was the post (fairly sure it was a post). Of course their odd behaviors, including telling me that all that dental work couldn't cause a low grade fever and taking off on a three week vacation in a very "I don't care manner" when I was in trouble...doesn't help matters.

Yes, they couldn't have used my old onlay, because I lost it!!!!! But, since they were messing up on a grand scale with their idea of putting on a crown, their next option was redoing the onlay.

Although we don't agree on this, I do truly appreciate the insight into the possibilities of rc teeth causing infections and that cracked teeth can possibly be more of an issue than our dentists let on. Also, that you donate your time and knowledge to help people who are hurting so terribly.

I have always trusted dentists and ironically, for some unknown reason, my husband did not. I recall teasing him about this. NOT anymore. I have had my own experiences and have listened to a lot of very disturbing stories in the last several years that do not take an expert to understand they are abnormal. I appreciate your candor about some serious problems within this profession.

I also think folks who experience what appears to be or might be neuro damage should be checkd out by a neurologist.

I've seen people on line get offended too easily when someone doesn't agree with them and I sincerely hope that doesn't happen here.

Thank you.

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote