View Single Post
Old 01-03-2015, 12:02 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Ab23,

Murky would be normal in the morning and for the reasons you stated. Keep in mind that is a flap of skin that is not attached to anything yet. It will close together eventually.

The area that is always red could be because it is irritated. Meaning if you hit it with the bristles of a rotating tooth brush and/or you chew on it, it is going to stay irritated until you hit it again because it is new skin and it's getting hit... !'.'! Irritated gum tissue can redden when you rinse with salt water. If it stays red after rinsing then back off on the amount of salt you are using.

The gum will turn your normal color when the site is healed. Be patient

Yes, please see the dentist for a quick look see this week.

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab23 View Post
Hi,

Thanks for the response it is appreciated.

I wanted to add that when I wake up in the morning the site sort of looks murky, it doesn't really look like puss (as I have experienced that before the debridement) and there is no odd distaste (other then morning breath). It just looks kind of murky if I spit the murky ness goes away, my spit is a normal colour really. I presume it's just to do with saliva production when you sleep and old saliva kind of hangs around in the socket? Given that there still is an indentation/crater because it was a large molar. Add to this some amount of dehydration that occurs over night etc and hence the murky colour?

What you are saying about irritating the socket when I am brushing etc makes sense however that part of the socket kind of always looks red. Like I said if i rinse vigorously the redness is more noticeable. Is it plausible that it is just really early skin formation, I mean it has only been two and a half weeks, I can't imagine that new skin immediately looks pink right?

When can I expect the gum to turn a pink colour? I have looked on the internet, and I would say my site looks to be 'on par' with the pictures that I've seen - of course this is not great indication as everyone heals at different rates.

In terms of infection, could redness indicate this? What should I look out for? I will make an appointment to go back on Monday I think just to be safe given everything that had happened previously

Thanks again.

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote