View Single Post
Old 01-03-2015, 01:23 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Niacin and Omega 3's

I am not a doctor so what I am about to say is strictly based off personal experience =}

I have been experimenting with Niacin and Omega 3's to see if it will help some of my symptoms. Dr. Abram Hoffer did research with Niacin and Vitamin C on schizophrenia patients and patients with dementia and saw significant improvement. Also Niacin has been seen as an effective treatment for depression.

Since some tbi symptoms include depression I have been taking large doses 1000mg 3x day and have noticed improvement in my mood and some of the depression and mind numbness that I've experienced. I'll post about it again in a about a month to see if there really have been improvements.

I also emailed a doctor who has had great results with fish oil and brain injury recovery. He and his partner are using fish oil in their neurology practice and seeing good results in regard to pain and cognitive functioning. His website is

Brainhealtheducation.org

I am interested also if other PCS/TBi survivors are using B vitamins and Niacin and if they're seeing any improvements in their symptoms.

=}

Therapy: Vision therapy to improve focal and ambient systems Neuropsychological testing and treatment Vestibular therapy Gabapentin 1800mgs/daily Clonazapam when needed

Natural Therapy and Supplements: Brain breaks every 2 hours Meditation GABA 1000 mcgs B12 1000 mcgs Niacin 3000-5000 mgs (this has significantly helped with brain fog, mood control, and depression) Nordic Naturals Fish Oil 2000mgs Potassium Multi V Glucosamine 5HTP Vitamin D 1500mgs

"Your True Self contains Every Possibility"
-Deepak Chopra
=}
[/SIZE]
ilikepolkadots is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote