View Single Post
Old 01-03-2015, 04:43 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Thank you for your reply, Mark.

You said that from what you understand, there's a part of the brain that has difficulties filtering out excessive stimuli in PCS sufferers.

But what I don't understand is, how do all PCS sufferers get damage to this part? I mean, brain injuries are very different among different individuals. Some people may get an impact on the right side of the head, while others may get on the left side, back of the head or the upper part of the head.

So how does this part get damaged in all people who get TBIs, independently of the location of the trauma?

Also, why do most parts that get damaged in the brain make a good recovery, but this part doesn't recover very well? And is it not known yet exactly what is that part of the brain responsible for stress filtering or where it is located in the brain?

Concussions:

27 October 2014 - I accidentally smashed my head against a concrete wall while I was running (it was a slow run of about 3 meters / second).
No LOC.

6 November 2014 - In a sports field, A basketball ball fell on my head from about 5 meters height.

January 2, 2016 update: I am very optimistic, as I've made a significant recovery until now (2-Jan-2016). I am confident that my situation will keep improving.
ProAgonist is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote