View Single Post
Old 01-03-2015, 07:22 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
What I am reading in Science News articles lately is that there are hubs of neurons all thru the brain scattered, that move impluses all over. They are not "organs" like the hippocampus, etc, but little clusters of neurons.

example:
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0929154714.htm

If you search "hubs of neurons in the brain" you'll find more.

Brain science is still very crude...you might not find definitive answers yet.
This can make matters much more complex in treating brain problems (such as traumatic brain injuries or mental disorders),
but this can also allow brain researches to understand better how to help the brain recover from injuries.

It especially complicates the understanding of concussions, but I hope it'll also lead to a better understanding and better treatment of TBIs in the future.

Concussions:

27 October 2014 - I accidentally smashed my head against a concrete wall while I was running (it was a slow run of about 3 meters / second).
No LOC.

6 November 2014 - In a sports field, A basketball ball fell on my head from about 5 meters height.

January 2, 2016 update: I am very optimistic, as I've made a significant recovery until now (2-Jan-2016). I am confident that my situation will keep improving.
ProAgonist is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote