View Single Post
Old 01-03-2015, 10:51 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Please Help Me---Assistance - Advice - Anything

I am beyond miserable.

Tuesday started my SCS Trial. Dr.'s orders to take it easy Tuesday & Wednesday. The first 48 hours were fantastic! My pain level was reduced to a 4! Very rare does my pain go below a five.

Thursday morning it went downhill and it hasn't stopped. The hip, bumm and calf muscles feel as though they are ripping off the bones. Sleep is trying to find comfort or relief, so the remote is getting a workout! I am on restrictions so i haven't done anything to have jacked it up like this.

It brought me to tears on Thursday. Decided to call my Rep. from Boston Scientific. Hopefully, he would have a suggestion or better yet be able to program a tweek. No such luck.

He said since my pain level was a 4 the first two days proves the stim is helping. Numerous times I told him, yes the first two days were great. Being on restrictions, taking my medications and hardly doing anything played a major roll in keeping the pain tolerable.

He asked what my current pain level was. I said 7/8. He asked i turn off the stim, while we talked. A few minutes later, he asked for my pain level. My answer was 7. He responds, "see it is working. You were just a 7/8, now your just a 7.”

Wow....I didn't know we split numbers so closely! The 7 vs 7/8 certainly had no difference on the intense pain I was feeling.

Then he said, "even with a stim, you will have good days and bad ones."

Have I totally misjudged this unit and what its to do? I can't think straight. I'm overwhelmed. I hurt.

Any advice to set me straight? Have I totally lost it?
nanaz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (01-04-2015), ger715 (01-04-2015), Rrae (01-03-2015)