View Single Post
Old 01-03-2015, 04:23 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Nan you haven't lost it, truly! It is a common story amongst all us scs users even though we have different brands and models! Mine is a Nevro and while operating there is no buzzing sensation anywhere so the only indicator it's working is the "overall" reduction in pain, I say overall because there are days I go to check and see if it's actually on as my pain has gone like yours from a 4 to an 8 overnight!

Splitting hairs, yes we are familiar with reps enthusiasm and oblivion to our situation, my only answer is sadly they are ultimately sales people! Nevro have recently gone through a change in their approach to staffing and the new reps all now come from the medical field rather than pushy sales people!!

Anyway my rep with a background in muscular and skeletal explained when we are in pain we hold our whole body differently and walk and move differently, when our pain is lessened the body muscle mass relaxes and the muscles you have not been using while in pain begin to be used again, you are not aware of it because unless weight lifting and consciously selecting what muscle group to use your body chooses the muscle group. its possible this has happened to you, OR the lead connectivity you had has moved as mine did in trial, I was moving differently and my pain was lessened so less conscious of my movements and managed to catch the external pack on everything and it actually came loose (not the leads inside you the lead that connects to the unit outside your body).

I wish you well, call your rep back and ask him if it's possible the lead externally may have disconnected to the unit somehow. Don't let him positive talk and sales glib you into acceptance, challenge him, he is the one you will have if you go ahead with a permanent unit so it's really important you have a rapport and feel comfortable with him. Reps make a huge huge difference. Read Mark56 story he has a Boston

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanaz View Post
I am beyond miserable.

Tuesday started my SCS Trial. Dr.'s orders to take it easy Tuesday & Wednesday. The first 48 hours were fantastic! My pain level was reduced to a 4! Very rare does my pain go below a five.

Thursday morning it went downhill and it hasn't stopped. The hip, bumm and calf muscles feel as though they are ripping off the bones. Sleep is trying to find comfort or relief, so the remote is getting a workout! I am on restrictions so i haven't done anything to have jacked it up like this.

It brought me to tears on Thursday. Decided to call my Rep. from Boston Scientific. Hopefully, he would have a suggestion or better yet be able to program a tweek. No such luck.

He said since my pain level was a 4 the first two days proves the stim is helping. Numerous times I told him, yes the first two days were great. Being on restrictions, taking my medications and hardly doing anything played a major roll in keeping the pain tolerable.

He asked what my current pain level was. I said 7/8. He asked i turn off the stim, while we talked. A few minutes later, he asked for my pain level. My answer was 7. He responds, "see it is working. You were just a 7/8, now your just a 7.”

Wow....I didn't know we split numbers so closely! The 7 vs 7/8 certainly had no difference on the intense pain I was feeling.

Then he said, "even with a stim, you will have good days and bad ones."

Have I totally misjudged this unit and what its to do? I can't think straight. I'm overwhelmed. I hurt.

Any advice to set me straight? Have I totally lost it?
EnglishDave (01-04-2015), eva5667faliure (01-04-2015), ger715 (01-04-2015), Rrae (01-03-2015), ShaggyChic_1201 (01-16-2015)