View Single Post
Old 01-03-2015, 09:03 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

nyuszisue,

People heal differently. The socket could be dark red from eating or drinking hot temperatures or spicy foods. It could be irritation from your tongue exploring it too often It's hard to tell. Make sure not to use too much salt in the water and cut back to 3 times a day. Do not be tempted to use any mouthwash or hydrogen peroxide. Do not suck on hard candies or mints, do not drink through a straw or put anything into that socket to "clean it out".

Every extraction should have a follow up appointment. So although you are pain free, if you would feel better having the OS take a peek, then by all means give them a call.

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuszisue View Post
Simple extraction of root canaled tooth #5 happened 3 weeks ago, didn't have any pain in the past 3 weeks. The socket is still kind a dark red inside, it looks like the hole is closing , but gums still feel puffy and the odd feeling of the neighboring teeth is still there, same as the first day. No pain, just a " tugging " puffy, tender feeling. I still rinse with a warm salt water 3-4 times a day, I don't eat on that side yet and I don't brush the extraction site yet, just around it.
Is this normal healing ? Or I should go back to the OS ? I didn't have a post op appointment , he doesn't do that if there are no problems .

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote