View Single Post
Old 01-03-2015, 09:25 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Heidi,

It is best to try and avoid crunchy foods or anything that could get lodged in the wounds. You should be on a nutritious, soft food diet until the holes close over most of the way.

There is no way anyone here can tell you if you have a problem brewing or not. It is best to have the OS evaluate the sites and not assume everything is okay.

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi42 View Post
I am 19 and had all 4 impacted wisdom teeth removed on 12-22-14. It did not hurt much afterwards and went to a follow-up a week after. He said everything looked good, just use the syringe 1 more week. The next day the lower-left one started to hurt; I think I poked it with a cracker or something. 3 days later the gums around the area was swollen and a little red on one spot. On 1-1-15, it was quite painful that night, but I had eaten some crunchy food earlier that day on the same side and probably made it worse. I rinsed it a lot with salt water using the syringe, which made it hurt more. After about an hour, the pain suddenly disappeared and next morning the swelling on the gums was gone. The muscle below my lower lip is slightly stiff/tight and a little swollen but does not hurt. I was afraid it was infected but it no longer hurts, only slightly tender. Should I be concerned anymore?

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote