View Single Post
Old 01-03-2015, 10:39 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lara View Post
The screen on a phone is heaps smaller than on a laptop or computer. It's perhaps causing the extra strain because of the size and the format.

Phone screens tend to swing. It might sound strange but I have problems with waiting at the lights and having the traffic swoosh past me from right to left and left to right. I don't even need to move my head. It's a visual thing. (But then I have vertigo a lot of the time anyway)

Do either of you have a history of migraine at all?

Edited to add: roralea, I just noticed your signature and you have Meniere's. I take it this feeling of motion sickness you posted about feels differently from that type of dizziness?
Lara:

Yes I have the same problems as you in traffic. I avoid the freeway as much as possible since the injury.

I don't have a history of migraine.

Yes the feeling I've been getting from electronics is different from the way it was before. I felt sick almost everyday before, but I was able to go to work and work through the symptoms, even though it was uncomfortable. Now it's like severe motion sickness and some kind of physical and mental block, like my body won't allow me to do certain things because they're so uncomfortable.

Is your vertigo all from the head injury?

Pre existing condition Ménière's disease, which causes dizziness, tinnitus, fatigue, fullness and pressure in the ears, and caused me to lose all my hearing as a young adult. I have cochlear implants now
Symptoms include headaches, neck pain, nausea, fatigue, and worsening of the menieres symptoms.
roralea is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lara (01-04-2015)