View Single Post
Old 01-03-2015, 11:58 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Erika, my brain is not in hyper mode! I would say that Christmas is now over for our family but the house is still a mess. Usually before everyone leaves, the guys fold up all the chairs and put the family room back in order. Last Christmas (held in January each year) the little ones were 1 and 2 and new borns. Now they are 2 and 3 and more new borns. The 2 and 3 year olds were INTO everything!!!! I have a small area behind my couch with toys that I bought at yard sales and consignment shops when my first grand daughter was born. So those toys were really used ALL over the family room. 33 people, 6 of them were 3 and under and then my very active 8 year olds grand daughter and then the 13 year old. The when we got ready to eat we brought in 2 8 ft table, 2 6 foot tables, chairs and some one's smaller table, my Mom's antique Duncan Fife table with 2 leaves and a card table for food, deserts and plates, etc. To move you usually had to ask at least 2 people to stand up and move.

We are mutually decided this is the last year for the meal to be at my house. We want the gift giving to be there cause it's just wall to wall kids and wrapping paper and it's fun. But the meal is a no forever on now. So I am sad about that. But I have always had in mind 'what would Mom do'? Our Christmas traditions all stem from when we were kids, then grown up with families of our own. But we all went home to Mom and Dad and the same traditions. But after Dad died and then Mom started having some really hard physical problems she had to realize ehr own limitations and get a mobility scooter and move out of their old home into a retirement, independent home. My home is now beyond it's limitations and we have to sadly accept it just like Mom did.

We live in a bi-level, I think it's called a split level now. The foyer is enter the door, either go upstairs or downstairs. Butit's also a place where people gather to put their coats on, catch their little ones who see a door open and want to go outside and that little tiny area is very crowded. So they all left at the same time, then my own family wanted to go see a movie. So there remained me an my very tired body and two grand kids! Luckily it was 7 PM, their bedtime 9 PM and the movie Frozen to watch. it kept them quiet and allowed me to lay on the couch with my shoes off and the cat to finally move out of hiding and get back her own home. and it was quiet!

So I am exhausted but with smile on my face. I am sitting in my office with Pandora on at the Peaceful holiday music station and will be going to bed soon and not going to go to church in the morning.I would love to sleep until I wake up which might be 5 PM but I have grand kids to see off tomorrow and leftover pecan pie to eat for lunch.

doydie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
barb02 (01-06-2015), Darlene (01-04-2015), Erika (01-05-2015), LoveCats (01-05-2015), SallyC (01-04-2015)