View Single Post
Old 01-04-2015, 12:27 PM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PamelaJune View Post
Nan you haven't lost it, truly! It is a common story amongst all us scs users even though we have different brands and models! Mine is a Nevro and while operating there is no buzzing sensation anywhere so the only indicator it's working is the "overall" reduction in pain, I say overall because there are days I go to check and see if it's actually on as my pain has gone like yours from a 4 to an 8 overnight!

Splitting hairs, yes we are familiar with reps enthusiasm and oblivion to our situation, my only answer is sadly they are ultimately sales people! Nevro have recently gone through a change in their approach to staffing and the new reps all now come from the medical field rather than pushy sales people!!

Anyway my rep with a background in muscular and skeletal explained when we are in pain we hold our whole body differently and walk and move differently, when our pain is lessened the body muscle mass relaxes and the muscles you have not been using while in pain begin to be used again, you are not aware of it because unless weight lifting and consciously selecting what muscle group to use your body chooses the muscle group. its possible this has happened to you, OR the lead connectivity you had has moved as mine did in trial, I was moving differently and my pain was lessened so less conscious of my movements and managed to catch the external pack on everything and it actually came loose (not the leads inside you the lead that connects to the unit outside your body).

I wish you well, call your rep back and ask him if it's possible the lead externally may have disconnected to the unit somehow. Don't let him positive talk and sales glib you into acceptance, challenge him, he is the one you will have if you go ahead with a permanent unit so it's really important you have a rapport and feel comfortable with him. Reps make a huge huge difference. Read Mark56 story he has a Boston
you my dear
hit the nail on the head
if i may
please keep a log
i implore you
any conversation interaction persons
reps doctors anyone in the medical
point
you must be your own advocate
use your inner strength
if you have an advocate who goes thought this with you
is of such importance
keeping a log
asking who it is you are speaking with
names very important
and use their name
may God give you inner strength to take on
persons of such rude inappropriate idiotic remarks
such as that rep. oh heck no
i'm with you in spirit all the way
kick butt
me
"Thanks for this!" says:
EnglishDave (01-04-2015), ger715 (01-04-2015), Rrae (01-11-2015)