View Single Post
Old 06-11-2007, 12:46 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hey Rogue,

I do sympathize with the difficulty of eating like this. It was really tough at first, with my trying to find things to eat being just as hard as giving up all of my favorite junk. But, it becomes a lifestyle and MUCH easier with time. I eats lots of meats/eggs/fish, fruits, veggies, salads, nuts, berries, some rice and some potatoes. I eat a lot of the same thing but that's OK. I'd rather feel good than have as much variety as I use to. Of course, my variety could be much greater if I had more time to be creative. This does not have to be so limiting. There are lots of great gluten-free products out there now and more on the way.

The cold hard truth ( ) is that people in your medical situation need this information more than anyone else. You may find that your pain threshold would improve dramatically in a short period of time. And you're right about the Boost. Dairy-based nutrition is the worst. I wanted to cry every time I walked the halls of the hospice my Mom was in, as I watched all of the elderly (many with Alzheimer's) drinking all of that Boost and Ensure. They'd be much better off drinking a fruit smoothie or veggie juice with egg protein. But hey, that doesn't come in a can.

The key is immune system health and the "big 4" are wreaking havoc on our ability to maintain a healthy "coat of armor". Cow milk is not the number one human, dog and cat allergen for no reason. Note that the Boost boldly states that most of its flavors are gluten-free. Thank Goodness. The combo is a major one-two punch. It does have corn products, though.

Have you read about Eating Right for Your Blood Type? Great stuff, all based on the topic of lectins. Dr. D'Adamo knows what he is talking about. (www.dadamo.com). Check out some of his testimonials. Amazing and totally explainable.

Keep seeking answers.
John

"For we know in part, and we prophesy in part. But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away." 1 Corinthians 13: 9,10

I have never let my schooling interfere with my education. - Mark Twain (1835-1910)

"The doctor of the future will give no medicine, but will interest his patients in the care of the human frame, in diet, and in the cause and prevention of disease" Thomas Edison
DogtorJ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote