View Single Post
Old 01-05-2015, 12:47 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
Welcome back polkadots.

I think you have a few errors in your signature. You have mgs when you likely should have had mcgs for B-12 and I think another supplement. I can't see your signature in the Reply mode to double check what I read. How do you tolerate so much niacin? I take 500 mgs and my skin flushes like it is on fire. And, I've been taking it for decades.

btw, Support group meets at 6:00 on January 22 at the Elks building 4th floor by the cafeteria.

I use a pillow that is flat under my head and curled up on the sides to support my head from rolling to the side. I can not tolerate any lift to my head.

Thanks Mark!! I'll check my signature and make adjustments (again total newbie to forums so thank you).

As far as Niacin goes- I've been stacking it. The first time I only took 100 and thought I was having some medical emergency my skin was so red and flushed!

But I slowly took more by taking them intermittently throughout the day and have had no more flushing. If I miss a couple of days however - then I do get the flushing as my body was not assimilated to it anymore.

I have found that it has made a significant impact on my mental clarity and mood! I have had days of feeling like myself again. I definitely notice if I miss it.

I will find the research page about how to take it- essentially if you get nauseas - it means that is your limit for the amount you can take so back it down.

I'm up or about 3000 of it and somedays up to 5000. Sounds crazy but it works!

See you the 22nd!! Yay

Therapy: Vision therapy to improve focal and ambient systems Neuropsychological testing and treatment Vestibular therapy Gabapentin 1800mgs/daily Clonazapam when needed

Natural Therapy and Supplements: Brain breaks every 2 hours Meditation GABA 1000 mcgs B12 1000 mcgs Niacin 3000-5000 mgs (this has significantly helped with brain fog, mood control, and depression) Nordic Naturals Fish Oil 2000mgs Potassium Multi V Glucosamine 5HTP Vitamin D 1500mgs

"Your True Self contains Every Possibility"
-Deepak Chopra
=}
[/SIZE]
ilikepolkadots is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote