View Single Post
Old 01-05-2015, 01:00 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Just found out this afternoon that one of the precious little ones here for Christmas yesterday is sick. It was the 3 week old. he doctor thinks it is pertussis. She is in the hospital.She had a cough here and her Mom got my stethescope out and listened to her chest. Their first born who is 3 now had open heart surgery when he was about 9 months old so she is really good at noticing things, catching it early and not being real nervous around equipment. But she is Mom and a Mom with a heart of gold. I feel so sorry for her. When she was about 4 months pregnant with little one last year my nephew decided he wanted to 'find' himself and left. So she lives in a second floor apartment with 3 kids, babies. My brother and SIL do a lot of the baby setting. Anytime they have a day off they have the kids just so Mom can get stuff done around the house. But my brother and SIL lives with her aging Mother who is early dementia. They can't leave her alone at all now. They moved into her house. Now this elderly woman has not only her daughter and SIL but many days at least 2 children in the house. I guess now that Alicia is staying at the hospital full time Grandparents and great Grandma have the other 2 full time plus their full time jobs.

doydie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
barb02 (01-06-2015), Erika (01-05-2015), Kitty (01-05-2015), LoveCats (01-05-2015), SallyC (01-05-2015)