Thread: ACDF day 10
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2015, 01:16 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

LB & Cindra,

I am kind of there now.

I had Laminectomy and fusion of L4-L5. Mine was done minimally invasive (miss). They went through my back. I am a month and a half out and I can relate in that I also feel vulnerable. I am driving already and I get nervous when someone gets too close behind me. Or if I turn wrong sleeping.

I feel more confident with my brace. I will be needing surgery on my neck in a year or two. Surgeon said fusion is needed there too.

I say don't be afraid to tell your Dr what you are feeling. My dr has great nurses in his office that I can call and talk to anytime. They reassure me of my concerns.
:
But I still have concerns like you do. My feelings are of guilt. I am mad at myself that I didn't take better care of my body. My previous job did my back and neck in pretty bad. I have found resources on the internet. They explain in detail what is happening with the body while healing. Spine-health.com is a good site for info about what your body is doing while your rehabbing. It helps me to visualize what is going on.

I am so glad that we have this site to vent and share with others going through the same thing. May your concerns be few and know that if we do what the Dr tells us to do, that we will be ok.

God Bless and here is a group hug for you both

Last edited by Strhuntrss; 01-05-2015 at 01:28 AM. Reason: additions and spelling
Strhuntrss is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote