View Single Post
Old 01-05-2015, 01:28 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Jim,

I never said the bone should not be thoroughly debrided. I said the surgeon needs to take great care in removing the tooth as well as the diseased tissue so as to preserve as much bone as possible as the canine is the cornerstone of the arch. That is what I said.

Every dental school on the face of this earth teaches the dental students to debride the bony socket after the tooth is extracted. The problem is that this important step is frequently neglected to some degree. FYI... Biological dentists attend the same schools that conventional dentists attend.

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimkh View Post
i thought you held the belief that the bone also has to be scraped clean after the extraction? and now you say the bone shouldnt be disturbed. Biological dentists recommend scraping the bone but it is not something usually done.

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote