View Single Post
Old 01-05-2015, 05:15 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Its starting to make sense, thank all of you for sharing!

Thank you all for sharing your stories, experience and advice.

All these years I wasn't sure what exactly was going on with me but my symptoms have included severe depression, anxiety, mental breakdowns, and general sensitivity to everything. These symptoms haven't been any easier to cope with as life goes on and the more I reflected on the chain of events that have lead to how I've been feeling. I realize now more than ever that my symptoms all started with my introduction to Brain State Technologies six years ago.

After the first treatment I experienced anxiety, depression, incapacity to handle much stress, overwhelming guilt for the mildest of things, which previously would have just rolled off my back, and being a mere shadow of my former self not only adds insult to injury but has drove me here to seek understanding and help.

I was referred to Brain State Tech approx 6 years ago for ADD and issues with memory and focus. I had gotten by in life pretty well overall I guess, much like all of you had previously I'm sure. But like all of you I wanted to do better for myself without becoming dependant on Medication or anything for that matter. During my search for such a solution was when I was referred to Brain State Technologies. I was also at the time working on a start-up in the wellness space and when I came across BST thought to myself if this works I need to participate in this "advancement" in health, wellness, and humanity.

So of course like most of you I decided to get fully informed prior to attempting this treatment, so I looked at all the available testimonials, read the Lee Gerdes book and watched all the videos before deciding to call a practitioner from Northern California.

It just so happened that the practitioner I contacted had traveled to Southern California where I was living at the time to treat a friend of hers. (I dont know if I would have actually tried the treatment at all had the practitioner not been in the city I grew up in Thousand Oaks the day I called her. I found it very synchronistic)

So naturally we got together the very next day before she headed back North and she offered to give me a sample treatment.. I did the first treatment in approx an hour and felt fine but only A week later I had a meltdown by way of a major anxiety attack which felt as if I was gonna die and an overwhelming feeling or paranoia that I couldn't be alone.. This was the first time this had ever happened to me and This totally freaked me out as I'm a very stable and level headed individual, I even Managed a home for Developmentally Disabled Adults and help my clients through schizophrenic episodes regularly without issue.

So I called the practitioner told her about what happened and she said naturally that I needed more treatments as one treatment wasn't enough. One treatment did seem however to be enough to open pandora's box and I ventured to Nor Cal to receive the recommended additional treatments. 8, 1 and a half hour intensive back to back treatments two per day which left me exhausted by days end and extremely sensitive to stimuli ever since. I've been through a series of very unpleasant experiences loosing my business girlfriend, friends and peace of mind. I feel at time suicidal and apathetic to life. I feel like I have PTSD and cant get over it. Simple pleasures are gone and my lighthearted outlook on life has changed dramatically.

Not sure exactly what to do but seeing as how its been 6 years now and nothing really seems to work to reverse the effects maybe I should consider revisiting neurofeedback of some form? Maybe they've worked out the bugs and me and the many other neurofeedback pioneers or test subjects have contributed to the finding of better technologies and protocols for its use. Because of this post I will be looking into Lens, Loreta and learning more about Brain State and its developments, thank you.

Things that help with my symptoms and have helped me cope over the years are - Brainwave Entrainment, L- theanine, Gaba, alcohol, Xanax and Sex. With these I can achieve temporary relief.

Things that don't help are Marijuana, Caffeine, bad attitudes, and mean people. I hope this helps someone out there.
neurodude is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ada02 (02-04-2015)