View Single Post
Old 01-05-2015, 11:39 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Meralgia Paresthetica

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderdog4 View Post
Greetings, Mary!
I had the RFNA done on 8/13/2010 at the Mayo Hospital in Scottsdale. I was given a novacaine injection (which was just a prick of pain) at the site where the needle was to be inserted for the RFNA. The procedure was somewhat uncomfortable as the doctors moved my leg muscles so they could see the nerve on the screen, but it was not painful. Once they were quite sure it was the correct nerve the RFNA was activated. I felt only a bit of a wavey vibration. The doctors said it would be about 6 weeks to know for sure if it had been effective. It has now been 4 weeks, and during that time I have had periods where the pain has reduced dramaticly, but come back. Now at 4 weeks the pain is less frequent and the area is becoming more numb (which is the goal). If all goes well, somewhere around 6 week it should stay numb, with little or no pain. I'll try to post again then. But I am very hopeful - have even been able to climb stairs with no pain!
Hang in there!
Susan
Hi Susan,

I wanted to see how you are doing with regards to getting the Radio Frequency Ablation for your meralgia Paresthetica? Did the pain go away completely? Are you completely numb now, and if you are how is sleeping and doing activity? I'm considering doing it! I ended up getting in from having a hip arthroscopy back in 2011. I have it so bad and I'm not able to take any meds either. Any feedback would be so greatly appreciated. Also did a fellow anesthesiologist do it or a regular experienced one do the procedure.
Best,
Lynn
Unlucky is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote