View Single Post
Old 01-05-2015, 03:32 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi nyuszisue,

Okay good, no sign of infection. I agree the redness will go away.

I would not suggest to use a toothbrush on the site if the hole is still open as the brush can introduce bacteria. But since there is no infection then it is wise to massage that area and the reason being is because the massage will stimulate blood cells to come in and speed up the healing. You can use a warm, wet q tip and just gently, lightly, push around that whole area. It's okay if it bleeds a little, that will eventually stop. You can also put coconut oil on the q tip and massage that into the area. Just be gentle and apply light pressure. The idea is to massage it just enough to stimulate the blood cells not massage it as if you were trying to remove something. Always use a clean q tip.

As far as eating goes, you can incorporate some chewier foods but avoid anything sharp like chips.

You have a been an ideal patient..... I just thought I would let you know that )

I think everything will heal fine and please let me know how you're doing...

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuszisue View Post
The OS said there is no sign of infection, and that the site is healing ok, but when he touched it with a q tip it started bleeding. I told him I don't eat on that side yet and I don't brush the site yet just around it, he said I need to brush it even like massage it little with the toothbrush and just eat normally, and the redness will go away.
Does that sound ok ? I just got back from him, and now I have a little discomfort from the socket because he touched it ( I wouldn't call it a pain , hopefully it won't be a pain ).

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote