View Single Post
Old 01-05-2015, 04:31 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Question Has anyone tried Acethylcholine supplements?

Acethylcholine is the most important neurotransmitter for brain regulation. It helps keep the brain balanced and organized.

A deficiency of Acethylcholine is known to cause the following symptoms:

• Cognitive impairment
• Brain fog
• Difficulty concentrating
• Poor decision making
• Intolerance to emotional stress
• Confusion
• Sleep problems
• Poor short term memory

Acethylcholine, right after a brain injury, rises dramatically and quickly in the brain and that might lead to a downregulation of the nicotinic receptors (the receptors that Acethylcholine binds to). A downregulation of nicotinic receptors which might be caused by excessive Acethylcholine release after a concussion might lead to the symptoms written above.

Acethylcholine is extremely important for cognition, as I've stated, and it's well known for lifting brain fog.

So, has anyone here tried Acethylcholine increasing supplements? If you did, did you notice an improvement in your recovery?

Thanks,
-ProAgonist

Concussions:

27 October 2014 - I accidentally smashed my head against a concrete wall while I was running (it was a slow run of about 3 meters / second).
No LOC.

6 November 2014 - In a sports field, A basketball ball fell on my head from about 5 meters height.

January 2, 2016 update: I am very optimistic, as I've made a significant recovery until now (2-Jan-2016). I am confident that my situation will keep improving.
ProAgonist is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote