View Single Post
Old 01-05-2015, 05:48 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turn2turn View Post
Hi all,
I'm kind of new here. I've been a lurker for a while. My accident happened on 09/06/2014. I suffered a sub arachnoid hemmorage along with a number of non-bran related injuries. The cognitive issues showed up quickly, but I've had continuous improvement until recently. It may be my imagination, but it seems to me that my memory problems have recently taken a step backwards. Have any of you experienced this?
Hi and welcome to NT.

As Lara mentioned four months isn't that long in the TBI recovery world. I also had a subarachnoid hemorrhage along with a epidural hematoma that required surgery. I still had some memory problems at four months which later resolved.

Hang in there. TBI recovery takes time. If you don't see improvement over the next couple of months consider a referral for a neuropsychological assessment to test for memory deficits. Speech and/or occupational therapy may be helpful.

Best to you in your recovery.
What Happened: On November 29, 2010, I was walking across the street and was hit by a light rail commuter train. Result was a severe traumatic brain injury and multiple fractures (skull, pelvis, ribs). Total hospital stay was two months, one in ICU followed by an additional month in neuro-rehab. Upon hospital discharge, neurological testing revealed deficits in short term memory, executive functioning, and spatial recognition.

Today: Neuropsychological examination five months post-accident indicated a return to normal cognitive functioning, and I returned to work approximately 6 months after the accident. I am grateful to be alive and am looking forward to enjoying the rest of my life.
Lightrail11 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote