View Single Post
Old 01-05-2015, 08:33 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Ab23,

Okay... sounds good!

Yes, keep rinsing with salt water and slowly taper off within a week or so.

If the remainder of the healing goes without a hitch, please check back with an update of your healing

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab23 View Post
Hi,

Went back to the DDS this morning. She is adamant that there is no infection and that the site looks 110% better then it did at the 3 week period before debridement (i.e when it was actually infected). Which I agree with.

She said that because the site is closed over it would be near impossible that pus would be coming out of the site directly. If it was she would see a pinhole type entrance/exit where it would be coming from. Also given the closure of the site, I would be experiencing pain and/or swelling. None of which I have experienced, other then some very occasionally slight pain - which is due to the site healing after being infected / root canaled tooth etc. Coupled with the fact that I have not seen anything in a week of observing it, other then the apparent murkiness after sleeping.

Regarding the murkiness in the morning, I managed to get a pretty good picture. She did not seem concerned, given that when I run my tounge over the site there is no odd taste or anything. Could be related to the post-nasal dripping that I have experienced.

Regarding redness, simply immature tissue that will heal with time.

Forgot to ask if I should continue salt water rinses, I think Iw ill for at least another week

Thanks for your help

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote