View Single Post
Old 01-05-2015, 09:16 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Thank you

I just wanted to say thank you to Bryanna. I did end up needing to get the aforementioned molar (that had a root canal retreated) extracted about three weeks ago. The pain got simply ridiculous and my gums became very swollen. I really should have had it extracted earlier like you advised, but I honestly just hated the thought of having to lose that tooth (and the fake tooth connected by a bridge to it). It was quite traumatic actually. Since then, the extraction site seems to be healing well, but I do have quite horrible jaw pain. At first it was so bad in the jaw joint and radiating through the cheek, near the ear, and through the bottom jaw as well. Now, it appears to just be in the jaw joint, but still sometimes radiating through my cheek bone and into the extraction site. My jaw is sore on the other side too. I'm assuming having TMJ pain after so many dental procedures is normal, but I"m not sure what kind of treatment I should be seeking for this? Perhaps there is a different board I should be positing on re: TMJ, but any advice it appreciated. Thank you again for all the advice I have received here.
KateJK is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote