View Single Post
Old 01-06-2015, 02:46 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hi PCS,

I have been through the personality loss battle for nearly 21/2 years now and only recently have started to feel like me again. Still not the old me, but the me that is not lost in brain fog. It is an exhilarating feeling. I attribute it to doing everything my doctor told me to (after a year of denial and thinking I could do it on my own), patience, diet, supplements that help the brain heal like omega 3's and niacin, and really trying to see what I can do rather then what I can't do.

I also have read-ish (skim as reading is still troublesome) books that talk about pain management, healing, being present, and have taken to pray and meditation. I laughed at something the other day and it was pure my laugh in the moment no brain glitches and felt great!

Hang in there- look up websites and learn about your symptoms and issues and how to manage them. At this point it's about managing symptoms as they may never go away and finding a new place to call home in your brain. I think about it as I was on autopilot before my injury and turned out pretty awesome, now that I'm educated on the brain and myself how much better I a me can I be?! Like a baby learning everything- sometimes so do we and I hope you see it as opportunity not setback!

Cheers

Therapy: Vision therapy to improve focal and ambient systems Neuropsychological testing and treatment Vestibular therapy Gabapentin 1800mgs/daily Clonazapam when needed

Natural Therapy and Supplements: Brain breaks every 2 hours Meditation GABA 1000 mcgs B12 1000 mcgs Niacin 3000-5000 mgs (this has significantly helped with brain fog, mood control, and depression) Nordic Naturals Fish Oil 2000mgs Potassium Multi V Glucosamine 5HTP Vitamin D 1500mgs

"Your True Self contains Every Possibility"
-Deepak Chopra
=}
[/SIZE]
ilikepolkadots is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
PCS+MDD (01-08-2015), SweetC (01-10-2015)