View Single Post
Old 01-06-2015, 12:39 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Healing is always a long term affair. There is not way to judge recovery day by day. I consider two weeks as a reasonable period to gauge improvement. Any improvement that has been consistent over 2 weeks can be considered part of recovery. A couple of good days does not indicate recovery. It just indicated you have done something in the past few days that is good for recovery. Recovery happens when we learn how to extend a few good days into a few weeks of good days. It is not the best days that indicate recovery. It is the worst days. If the worst days are not as bad, that shows improvement.

What impact the falling basketball has on your condition is not possible to understand. If it caused a return of symptoms, then it had a negative effect. If it caused an increase in anxiety, that anxiety can cause a delay in recovery.

The 'I want to heal but some day I will start working toward that end' attitude is not helpful. It helps to take any steps forward that we can, even it they are tiny steps and not well understood.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ProAgonist (01-07-2015)