Old 01-06-2015, 03:37 PM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member
Default hello after a year

Quote:
Originally Posted by dltipton View Post
Ginnie, I'm replying a bit more than a year later. I did have a 3 level laminectomy and spinal cord revision/repair surgery which included the addition of a bovine sling. While I am an incomplete paraplegic, I am ambulatory most of the time. I am pleased with my outcome although it is not symptomless.

I am still looking for someone to connect with who is on this same journey I am on. Anyone reading this thread who has a you spinal cord herniation PLEASE contact me.
I will always be around, even a year later. I know so very well those of us with damaged spinal places and the hard road to recovery even when surgery is successful.
I was lucky as it was the risk of being paralyzed. I came out ok and only have to worry if the below hardware vertabre would fail.
I also came to NT to connect with others going through this.
do u have a good support team near you? Having that shoulder near by, can ease the whole of your being and help. Please do contact me at any time with anything u think I can help with.
I am out of the USA right now, but have a tablet. I hope your progress can get better. None of this is easy, and we are forever changed for going through spinal fusions and herniations.
not to mention a great deal of pain. Let me know how you are anytime.
ginnie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
dltipton (01-11-2015)