View Single Post
Old 01-06-2015, 09:36 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Thank you so much for your response Bryanna. In answer to your question, I was put on antibiotics for infection after the tooth extraction "just in case," but my dentist said that other than the small abscess that was removed with the tooth, there didn't appear to be any further infection. I have finished the course of antibiotics. The tissue/bone surrounding the extraction site is tender to touch, but it was a very difficult extraction (took a looong time, had to cut the tooth in three pieces, etc) so I'm thinking that's normal for the bone/tissue to take time to heal? My dentist said based on what that area had been through, it might hurt for "a while." It doesn't ache or anything… only a little tender if I touch it. As for a sinus infection…. I am quite prone to sinus issues and have had a feeling for some time now that I might have either chronic sinusitis or a deviated septum… but I don't presently feel like I have a sinus infection. Is there anything else I can do to rule out a possible infection somewhere that could be lurking and not detected by my dentist?
KateJK is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote