Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickSA View Post
useful info - thx!

so would you say that if you have a healthy diet that phosphatidylserine and acetyl l-carnitine supplements are unnecessary?

fyi i've been eating daily 3+ eggs, walnuts, almonds, brazils (max 2 a day), hazels, seeds of shelled hemp, chia, sesame, pumpkin, sunflower, plus loads of broccoli, spinach, avocado, tomatoes (generally in paste form as in fact more nutritious that way), carrots, peppers, garlic, olive oil, zero dairy, with only sugar coming from blueberries (packed with anti-oxidants) & kiwis (after each meal as good for protein digestion) etc etc each day for years.

Btw had my B-12, D and Folic tested the other day and only D was ever so slightly down due in main to the fact that I don't go in the sun enough i think, anyhow am taking some D3 supplement at the mo to boost (5000 but maybe that's too much? any advice appreciated), my Folic was in fact above normal levels due to my v high veg intake. many thanks
It is difficult to say. This is because each person has a different genetic makeup. The MS'ers have Terry Wahls in their camp who turned her crippling MS around (she is a doctor herself) by doing a special diet. She has written a book called "Minding your Mitochondria". It is high veggie intake also.
http://www.amazon.com/Minding-Mitoch...r.+terry+wahls
She also has a TED lecture available online.
The PD forum and MS forum here (and sometimes PN forum) also mention her from time to time.

So basically no "one size fits all" diet can be said to work to everyone equally. Your food choices look really good. Healing requires minerals (zinc and magnesium), quality protein, Omega-3's, antioxidants, etc and your diet changes should be very helpful.

Avoidance of glutamate in the form of MSG and the harmful transfats, and too much sugar, is also a good idea.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lara (01-07-2015), rickSA (01-07-2015)