View Single Post
Old 01-07-2015, 10:24 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Morning everyone...bitter cold has arrived...but also the sun

Barb, sorry you had such a horrific travel day. Glad you're in relatively nice weather now...

The construction on our flooded house has begun...ugh. Lots of banging, taking tile up, dust, etc. Poor pooch is stressed out and relegated to the family room. I am going to go have a gentle workout and a much-needed shower (only the powder room is workable at home right now).

Tomorrow I drive to pick up my 2 granddaughters to care for them for 2 days. I'm going to spend the days at DS & DIL's house...there is no way the kids would be able to handle this noise. Heck, it's giving me a nasty headache and spasms from the stress of the noise.

I hope that the work will be completed by the end of the month. After the construction is finished, we will get new carpeting installed and the walls on most of the rooms will be repainted.
The insurance company is paying for a cleanup crew to come in and deep clean everything, including the ductwork. We also will have to have the oak kitchen floor fixed and varnished, since some of the boards warped from the water on them.
Then we can begin the Great Purge before staging the house and putting it on the market. We think we may wait until everything begins to bloom in April. It's always so wonderful to walk up to the house with the flowering crab and lilac bushes in bloom
We still have a host of items to pick out for the new house. And the cabin knock down and rebuild has begun...there is simply too much going on. No wonder I have a headache:roll eyes:

Stay warm and safe, dear friends....
barb02 (01-09-2015), Darlene (01-08-2015), LoveCats (01-07-2015), SallyC (01-07-2015), tkrik (01-08-2015)