View Single Post
Old 01-07-2015, 03:08 PM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by qtipsq View Post
That's the thing Hockey, I got a pretty good understanding after reading through these forms obsessively what I needed to do, but instead of follow advice I just kept reading, over and over hoping for this thing to go away. I am 7 months into this thing and at first I thought I would be fine in first three months, then that time passed and I was like 6 months, I am definitely not bad enough to be in this longer than 6 months and then...I just lost my mind, I realized that I was way worse off than many of the people that recover in the 1 year zone.

The anxiety of the fact that this could be permanent took over my soul, my depression took that and threw me into loops of crying. I have always loved life and here I was contemplating ending mine, now that I have calmed down. I realize that other than the basic advice of...Good Nutrition, Quiet Rest, Anxiety Control, Exercise, and a good Sleep Regimen, there really is no cure for this. I wanted to go do HBOT, go talk to Dr.Carrick, do Neurofeedback. I went to a balance institute and they told me Vestibular won't help me. I think as of now, my state of mind is what will help me make the best recovery.

That is a fact that gets lost when you obsess. I still cry sometimes, I still have anxiety and the depression is hard but I think dealing with those things is what is going to help, getting sicker by reading everyone's story and comparing myself to them is not. And I know by reading certain people's posts that they are just losing their mind over every single detail, considering how often certain people post, I know they are like me, reading every story on here, comparing themselves to everyone else.

Its very human of us to find out and I think dealing with this injury is the hardest thing any of us have ever dealt with. But realizing that there are no specific answers, that our fate is in our hands. That for one to recover, one has to try harder than they ever have before to follow the advice posted on these forms and relax. I am going to get off here and listen to Star Trek The Next Generation, its my workaround the show is so well written that you don't really have to watch it, listening has the same effect. Good luck on recovery people. This is hard, if we make it through this than life itself will be so easy.
I think we are in agreement. The important thing is to understand the injury and use the knowledge constructively.

Sadly, there is no miracle cure for TBI. In addition to rest and good nutrition there are treatments that can help us get the most out of whatever we've go left. I am a big advocate of psychological help for TBI's emotional fallout and Attention Processing Training (APT) as a proven aid to cognitive function.

Hang in there and remember that your anxiety and depression are SYMPTOMS of PCS, not it's cause.
Hockey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote