View Single Post
Old 01-07-2015, 08:20 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSD ME View Post
hi Tammy and welcome. i'm so sorry you have rsd and that it is spreading. unfortunately, not all drs know the facts of rsd and say things that are not always accurate. i am not a dr, but have had rsd for four years come this Feb. rsd can spread to any part of the body. you don't need to have all the symptoms to have spread and you don't need to have had the initial area where the nerve injury occured.

i was told i have crps 1 which i got after breaking my wrist and being casted. i was diagnosed with rsd about four months later. although it was diagnosed earlier then you, i still have had spread to all my limbs, stomach and mouth. i have atrophy in my right hand and wrist, higher blood pressure then i used to have, severe depression and anxiety too.

if i were you i would find a dr who knows what rsd is. its not always easy but you have to do some searching. people here are very helpful as well as online sites such as rsd hope and rsdsa. the sooner you find a competent dr the sooner they can treat you so that your rsd doesn't get worse or spread.

they can treat you with different procedures such as nerve blocks and medications. i put the spinal cord stimulator on the back burner because of fear of spread and infection per my neurologist advice. but everyone who has rsd reacts differently to procedures used to manage the pain and slow down the spread. you will need to do what's right for you and in time you will learn what that is.

in addition to seeing a good pain management dr and neurologist, you may want to see a physchologist or phsychiatrist to give you meds to help deal with the depression and anxiety that rsd can cause. i see a pm dr and neurologist and physchiatrist and they work together to try to help me manage my rsd pain and depression.

i hope that you feel better soon and your rsd pain subsides and the spread stops. educate yourself as much as possible about rsd. also joining a support group like this one is a good idea too. the people here are very kind and caring and that makes a huge difference in being able to cope with rsd. i'm sending hugs you're way. take care.

PS - you may not have rsd spread but i would check with a dr who knows what rsd is to help you find out what it is. i always get several opinions on my rsd concerns before i find out what may be going on. drs are usually never 100 percent sure of what rsd symptoms are spreading or not, but the usually have a good idea and you will also know too by learning to listen to your body. i hope it isn't spread and that you can find a dr to help you manage your rsd pain and depression soon.

thank you sooooooo much for your response. i do not know anyone else with this and it is very isolating.

i dont believe im gonna find a doc around here that can help me.

i watched the dr getsons lecture and have thought about going there.
i believe there may be a place in ohio also ?

i just dont know ? also dealing with workers comp and insurance i try to do the right thing and get thing preapproved. ive tried to go places and pay out of pocket and they wouldnt take cash, go figure.

i am so thrilled to talk to someone. thank you very much.

where are you located ? anywhere near ? dont mean to be specific
tammy jo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Enna70 (01-17-2015), RSD ME (01-08-2015)