View Single Post
Old 06-11-2007, 02:44 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default It's Legit...Really!

Alright, I understand from talking with DiMarie and Jo that the ATOSA founder registered here and raised some fears that this person might be someone other than who she was presenting herself as. That's not the case, if you look at the site. It's way too detailed too be a "scam job", there are Drs. on board, and I have spoken with this woman myself. She has many, many great plans, along the lines that we have spoken of ourselves.

Her story does sound kind of familiar, but is NOT identical to another person's.
She is TOS patient #2 under Featured TOS patients if you take a look. Early in July the Board of Directors should be finalized and will be on site, including Drs and researchers, and a national conference is being planned for next year. ATOSA already is recognized as a non-profit organiztion, but is awaiting tax-exempt status, which should arrive within the next few weeks; when that is in place, sponsors already lined up will be sending in $$, and plans are to focus especially on educating primary care physicians, along with public awareness campaigns including a short national commercial!

There will also be brochures for family members, t-shirts, etc. The Drs and researchers will focus on educating the medical community while TOS Patient Advocates on the Board will lead the Public Awareness efforts.

Now really, does this sound like who you thought it might be?

I was very impressed with the website, and even more after speaking with Gail on the phone. I will watch to see the Board of Directors and tax-exempt status appear in a timely manner, but I do believe this is what she says it is - a TOS patient who got messed around with by Drs and the system and got mad, decided enough is enough and decided to do something about it. The goal of the organization is to make TOS (eventually) as well known as carpal tunnel and fibromyalgia - that's something we all want, right?

Check out the web site, then make up your mind, ok?

beth
beth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote