Thread: Sjogrens???
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2015, 10:46 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I'd love to see what you've read on this. Do you have any links you can share??

That would actually make some sense for me (AAG as a stand alone) since my SSA & SSB are negative, yet my lip biopsy was positive.

They have confirmed the dorsal root damage in my case with a new MRI/MRN at Hopkins that looked at the DRG itself. It showed bilateral enlargement along with increased signal consistent with ganglionitis.

But my neuro (who is also a rheumy---who's practice is devoted to those with neuro complication of rheumatic disease) says that the AAG is the "result" of the Sjogren's attack on the autonomic ganglia and DRG. But I can see 'some' of your logic. However, the lip biopsy looks at the minor salivary glands, not nerves...so the infiltrates present are within the salivary glands itself. Of course neuropathy can cause simple dry mouth & eye (from nerve damage), but you'd have to have an autoimmune process attack the glands itself for infiltrates to show in lip biopsy. That would be Sjogren's, not AAG...unless AAG is known to attack salivary glands.

I am seeing him (neuro) on the 27th as I now have what appears to be psoriatic arthritis. He is open to discussion so I will present this 'stand alone' AAG to him. Would love to read and take some documentation with me, if you can forward some links.

Very interesting, indeed.
en bloc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote