View Single Post
Old 01-08-2015, 05:14 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Hi Everyone!

Barb - I'm sure you are glad to be home. Traveling during the holiday season is awful! I personally have never flown during the holiday season but many friends and family members have. It is not something that I would look forward to. I'm glad you had a good and safe trip though.

Debbie - Yikes!!!!! You have a lot of construction type stuff going on between the house you're living in now, the new house to be built, and the cabin. That's enough to make anyone stressed out. Take care of yourself!

Sally - I hope your construction project goes well and you have lots of nice hunks there to accomplish it.

Doydie - That is so sad about your nephew. I will say some prayers for him. I'm also sorry to hear about the 3 week old getting sick. I hope the baby is doing better and will keep him/her in my prayers.

I haven't been up to too much. DD23 came over yesterday and I watched the baby while she went to get her haircut. She donated her hair to Locks for Love. The stylist wasn't very good at all and instead of 10 inches being cut off she cut 14. Then she did a poor job on DD's hair. I felt so bad for her and I told her that even though the cut was free due to her donating her hair, she should still call the place and complain as the stylist was not good. She kept cutting more off as she couldn't get DD23's hair even. That is a bad sign. It's now just above her shoulders and the length is fine but stylist didn't really cut the hair in any sort of style and definitely not the one DD showed her. She basically got a straight cut with some texturing in the front. Since DD has thick hair, straight cuts don't work right and it doesn't lay right. She did call and complain today but the manager of the salon was busy so she talked to the manager of cosmetics who said the manager of the salon will call her back. She got it cut at Ulta.

The baby is getting so big. He had his 1 month check up on Monday. He's put on weight and the dr said she can now feed him on demand as opposed to sticking to a strick every 2 hour schedule. He still is a little jaundice and had to go for bloodwork to see where his bilirubin is at this point.

I went with DD23 to the lab as I had a list of tests to get done (27 in total). They took 13 tubes of blood. I was surprised they didn't have to stick me twice. The last few tubes were slow going though. I see the rheumatologist in a few weeks to go over the results.

I hope you all have a nice evening and are staying warm!
tkrik is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
barb02 (01-09-2015), Darlene (01-10-2015), Debbie D (01-13-2015), LoveCats (01-08-2015), SallyC (01-08-2015)