View Single Post
Old 01-08-2015, 11:52 PM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PamelaJune View Post
Did 3 full days this week, sitting mostly in training and I moved around and was mobile as much as possible. The trainer reduced me to tears on Weds am and has done her level best to make me feel unwelcome and uncomfortable including repeatedly saying I don't know why you are here. My direct boss and the State RGM are on leave until the 19th so I trust things will improve on their return. I'm flying interstate on the 19th to spend 3 days with my state counterpart and I'm sure I will have a better idea then as to why this woman has been so rude, horrid and unhelpful. Putting aside her patronising manner and unhelpful and sneering observations I do believe this job is something I can make a real and valuable difference to.

My poor mum is still in hospital but still herself enough to comfort me when I relived the burning embarrassment as I described how my first 3 days unfolded. I confess having been out of the workplace for so long I had forgotten how petty and cruel workers can be. Having been the one normally responsible for ensuring this type of behaviour is not acceptable in the workplace it was doubly hard to be on the receiving end. I'm shocked a woman of her age could engage in such behaviour. Nevertheless I am not going to let her ruin what could be the start of a new life for me.

Thank you all for your continued support

Pam,

As I mentioned in the PM; others there are probably aware of this woman's behavior. You are probably not the first to be at the receiving end. I'm glad you were strong enough to deal with this. You probably came out looking pretty good to others.

Proud of you.

Gerry
ger715 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
PamelaJune (01-09-2015), St George 2013 (01-11-2015)