View Single Post
Old 01-09-2015, 11:28 AM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark56 View Post
I am SO VERY GLAD you found your way here and so many reached out in a big way to help and hug.

You have learned much in the short time of your trial. Yes, the rep can be and seem compassionate as you are going into the process. Yes, the trial is "oh so tenuous" because a single stitch holds the lead sort of in place. Yes, relief can come in bucketsfull while the risk of an opposite result is peeking just around the corner.....

I have a Boston Sci, and have used it faithfully since 2010. It has been, well, truly, a lifesaver. Pain diminished to manageability in that lumbar/leg region treated by the stim. I cried when, during trial, it seemed pain was "washed away." Then I cried again after the trial was removed. It was good it was removed, because I had developed an infection from the insertion point of the leads into my spine.

Gotta tell you, though, even with my rep "forgetting who the heck I am" after cinching the sale and seeing to the install and program [I programmed myself], I am very happy with my stim. Is it perfect? No. But my happiness is secure. I would do this again......in a heartbeat.

REALLY funny thing..... I applied back then to be one of the patient helpers for Boston Sci....and you know what???? The silence was deafening.

So, this report from a user is both positive and not so much. The company, I could do without. My rep is a nowhere person, whom I never heard from again even having placed a call to touch base. The product.....I am truly blessed to have it.

Thus.... would you expect to have a heartwarming relationship with your car salesperson after concluding a purchase? Probably not. If the car performed well and was not a lemon would that be the most important factor? It is to me.

I'll gladly help or answer questions if you wish from a Boston Sci perspective. Oh, and I have written quite a bit on this path....it is noted in the stickies where links to the threads are found easily.

It is a journey, and not an easy one, but the benefits can be well worth the while. After all, I am back to practicing in my profession, and this is something I feared would never happen again. It can be a good life and the blessings can be there for the grasping.

Yup,
M56

Mark,

You have been very fortunate to have had the ability to be able to do the programing yourself. It appears that most depend on the their rep to program/reprogram the stim especially the first few months after the implant. I believe in the past year or so you have had surgery/fusion for the upper portion of your body and have had considerable pain. Do have any thoughts of having an SCS as some have had a second SCS put in for just that purpose?

I am a bit surprised you are describing a car salesperson in the same context as an SCS rep who not only does the sales but in most cases does the programing and reprograming so many count on; especially since most doctors do not do the programing. A car salesperson is just that. Handles the sales; does not and is not expected to do any technical work or reprograming to your car.
To my mind; there is no comparison. In almost all cases, the SCS rep is much needed before, during and after implant of SCS surgery.

Wishing you and yours a wonderful New Year.

Gerry

Last edited by ger715; 01-09-2015 at 05:15 PM.
ger715 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (01-15-2015), Rrae (01-11-2015)