Thread: Hello everyone
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2015, 04:06 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Unhappy Hello everyone

I am very new to RSD!
I am a nurse and sustained a crush injury to my left arm in October. I was told that it was sprained and would get better...it didn't. I started e experiencing paresthesias in my Left arm with minimal pain in the hand. I was referred to a neurologist. By the time I had the appointment, I was experiencing swelling, discoloration, sensitivity to touch and cold. I was prescribed Norco, Mobic, Neurontin. I was then told that the physician suspects RSD based on my symptoms. Upon follow up, the paresthesias improved but the pain was unreal. I was scheduled and had a stellate ganglion nerve block that was unsuccessful. The doctor told me to read up RSD but was remiss to make the diagnosis as this is a work injury... I have not seen him since. He has refilled my prescriptions and has referred me for a second opinion. I have been at home for 2 months with no office visits. I have started recently having extremity "twitching" which scares me to death. I am scared of becoming dependent on the Norco. I feel so alone and cannot even express to my husband what I feel. Can somebody give me some insight?
kcbarton70 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
RSD ME (01-10-2015)