View Single Post
Old 01-09-2015, 04:14 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default type 2 hot or cold ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevscar View Post
What matters is which variation of type 1 you have whether it is hot or cold, cold needs to be treated differently
I'm curious.

I've had 6 surgeries total on my hands and arm. The first 3 were back in the 90's, I healed up fine and went back to work. Shortly before my last 3 something drastically changed. I called my surgeon to speed up my surgery. I had no idea at this point that crps even existed. I had the surgeries done but my condition kept getting worse. I kept telling him and the response was it could take up to a year to fully heal. Well, that was totally wrong. I was sent to numerous physicians still no diagnosis. Not until 4 years into it was I diagnosed.

Medications haven't touched it and a stellate ganglion block did nothing. Now my primary who by the way doesn't have any other patients with crps doesn't seem to know what to do.

My point was hot vs cold. I hurt from my skin down. My skins burns as if on fire, but my hands actually freeze. I don't know if that makes sense ? I use hot hands brand hand warmers daily, I love them. My hands feel as if they are being squeezed, pressure, all the time. They swell, my skin appear shiny, I have muscle spasms, I am very guarded about anyone touching my hands because of the pain it causes. My fingers are stiff and range of motion has decreased. My thumbs are the best I have to use and rely on thumb and half of index finger to get through the day. Vibrations, movement, sheets on my skin etc etc are painful. My pain has not stopped since it began just gotten worse. Oh and now have atrophy also, severe depression, anxiety etc.

Back to the point I think I have the cold type ? Does this sound like it ? How do treatments differ ?

Thank you so much for any response.
Take care of yourselves.
tammy jo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
RSD ME (01-10-2015)