View Single Post
Old 01-10-2015, 10:08 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Trimengial Neuralgia

I have never had any problems till I went for a tooth cleaning after that burning, pain in my tooth.My dentist filled the tooth as the filling had come loose. Told him about the burning but he didn't listen. After that told I needed root canal which made the burning and pain worse. The dentist related it to a tooth problem and pulled the tooth which was a front one, put a flipper in which had to be removed two days later as the pain was intense. I finally found a pain management doctor who diagnosed trimengial neuralgia. He put me on triliptical which has helped somewhat but I still have flare ups at time, sometimes I don't know what sets it off, but the cold and brushing my teeth makes it worse. The tooth next to the tooth that was pulled burns also. The gums on the left side top and bottom burn periodically, and my lips and tongue burn. I have never been in this much pain in my life. Sometimes I ask God to take me. Some days I feel good and think there is hope and other days it starts up again. I pray every day for relief. The Doctor I am seeing is kind and compassionate. I had a brain scan and they did not find a tumor. I am at my wits end hoping for total relief. Three months ago I was fine and now I can't do the activities I use to. Have to eat soft foods and broths and shakes. Haven't been able to eat in the front as it is impossible. I am glad I found a forum with people that are going through the same thing.
MakenzieMarks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote