View Single Post
Old 01-10-2015, 12:30 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Nicotine could be included with the 'best not to' list of thinks like alcohol, caffeine, MSG and artificial sweeteners. It constricts the small blood vessels which are often most needed by the struggling brain.

I'm confused. If you are exhibiting no concussion symptoms other than occasional head aches, why are you concerned about healing 100% ? Is it just an anxiety issue ?

The brain is the only tissue that does not go through a continuous regeneration. Skin, muscle and bone cells are constantly dying and being replaced. Brain cells are basically lifetime cells. There are possibly some new cells growing slowly over time but this is a slow and minimal process. The challenge to neurogenesis or neuroregenesis is the fact that brain cells are a memory storage system. They store information and processes. Some of those processes are learned over long time spans.

Brain development basically take about 20 years to mature. We'd need to be constantly relearning information if brain cells were regularly dying and being replaced.

I still think you should consider the vitamins and supplements regimen. It will be good for you, especially considering your history and current anxiety. It helps the brain tolerate stress and operate more efficiently.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote