View Single Post
Old 01-10-2015, 01:49 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Venting is important, please vent:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnT2 View Post
Like you, Thelma, many oi us have other troubles we have to bear. My mother used to say (when I complained) , "If that is the worse thing that ever happens to you (regarding whatever I was complaining about), then you will be lucky in life." Parkinson's is not the worse thing that has happened in my life, but it does rank up there with authority.

There are many scholarly posters who are investigating the various possible causes of and solutions to what makes Parkinson's what it is and what it does. I am grateful to them for that. However, I also need help with the emotional and social aspects of this disease, and that is where my vulnerability comes is.

Perhaps I am a complainer, but I must say that if I can not come to the forum with some of these frustrations and worries, then I don't know where I can vent them. I do know that the "Snap out of it" approach does not help.

Ann
I personally feel that you should feel free to come and vent and share whatever about PD you are dealing with or wondering about. If someone does not want to read or respond to your post, they can ignore it. Venting is therapeutic for you and may help others feel that they are not alone. Someone may learn something helpful, too, and that is always a good thing.

I would hate to think that someone would be fearful or reluctant to come here and share/participate. That is so isolating and I doubt this forum was ever meant to be like that. So please feel welcome to be open with your posts: this is the one place of all places I know where one should feel free to throw out there anything about PD they are dealing with.....and hopefully someone may have a helpful post, even if it is nothing more than "Me too, you are not alone"
lurkingforacure is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Bogusia (01-10-2015), Thelma (01-10-2015), violet green (01-10-2015)