View Single Post
Old 01-10-2015, 02:43 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Thank you Jo*mar, I went to the SSDI forum before I first posted and got quickly overwhelmed with the volume of information to weed through. Like everything else seems to be with this condition, it will be a slow process to get through everything!

Mark, thank you. I think I have a starting point now. I know there have been other posts about SSDI, but again, so much information to weed through! I appreciate you taking time to tell me things I am sure you have repeated numerous times.

I don't think I have recourse regarding the STDI. My employer offered it as voluntary insurance last year and I thought I had it. I signed up for it. Turns out the STDI was dependent on x number of people signing up and we didn't meet the requirement. I don't recall ever being told this and found out the hard way. :/

It's my stupid fault for not double checking the long list of paycheck deductions long ago. Lesson learned.

Hit top of my head pretty hard on a cabinet door in July, 2014, then our old pantry door broke off its hinge and hit me in the left temple on Sept. 21st, 2014. Maybe my 8th or 9th concussion. Apparently, one knock too many.

Currently dealing with most of the "normal" PCS symptoms. I'm trying to heal and get back to a normal life and my teaching job.

Things are far too bright and noisy everywhere. I yearn for a good night's sleep.

Undergoing cognitive and vestibular therapy. Hopeful for great progress and healing!
SweetC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote