View Single Post
Old 01-10-2015, 03:58 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Bad reaction to compazine, anyone share this experience?

I was in the emergency room last Saturday night and they gave me Compazine and Benadryl by IV, they said it was used to treat migraine headaches.

After a few minutes I broke out in a sweat and felt feverish. I ripped my noise canceling headphones off because I couldn't stand the feeling of them on my head. I was drowsy but feared if I fell asleep I would die.

I got agitated and started hitting the bed rail and kicking the bed. I tried to get the nurse but she didn't respond. My vision was blurry and I could not focus on anything. I became convinced the ER staff was trying to kill me. I wanted to call/text my wife in the waiting room with our girls but couldn't focus to figure out how to use my cell phone.

Finally the doctor came in and then my wife. I could understand them perfectly, I think, but I was incapable of saying more than a few words to them and could not express anything other than I didn't like the medicine. My wife had to sign the discharge papers for me and help me dress and then they let us go.

The next day I Googled Compazine and these seem to be known severe side effects. A couple websites also warned about telling your doctor if you have had a brain injury before taking Compazine.

Has anyone else had any experience with this drug or know anything about it? Thinking about it now still gives me the creeps...

BTW, before giving me the meds they did a CT scan on my brain and found no "acute hemorrhaging" but of course we told them the injury was several weeks old.
Lawyer1732 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lara (01-11-2015)